Your tradeshow exhibition doesn’t start when the doors open to the public, but at the moment you decide to participate…
Below is a checklist of what to do and when:
6 – 3 months before
• Define your objectives – what concrete goals do you have?
• Define your message – this will be important for the design of your exhibition stand.
• Choose your booth – think carefully about the position and visibility.
• Design your stand – think about how to use the space and which products will work best.
• Design the graphics for your banner / pop up stands etc.
• Decide who will be manning your stand and start preparing them.
• Organise your travel and accommodation early.
• Order your customised clobber for your team.
1 month before
• Promote your presence – organise some kind of event and then invite customers.
• Make sure your prospective clients, suppliers and maybe the press know, too.
• Think the whole think through from A-Z and write a list of everything and anything you may need.
• Then procure everything on the list and pack it up ready.
On the day
• Get there early and make sure you have plenty of time to set up your exhibition stand.
• Have a last minute run through with your staff before the doors open.
After the trade show
• Make sure you follow up on all the leads and contacts you make – within one month!