Designing an effective display stand involves good planning and a clear idea of what you are trying to achieve.
Your aim is create a space that people linger in long enough to listen to your pitch, sign up to your newsletter, pick up your brochures or purchase your products.
Here are some tips to help you show your company in its best light:
• If time allows, attend a trade show or two as a visitor and look at which displays stand out and which don’t.
• Make a note of stands that catch and hold your eye and compile a list of dos and don’ts.
• Check which companies will have stands near to your own, and which of your competitors will have a presence.
• You need to stand out from competitors and your design needs to attract customers at first sight.
• List what you are trying to achieve – what is your vision of your stand?
• Check the floor space and dimensions of your plot, and what lighting there is.
• Research the types of display stands available, and create a shortlist of appropriate equipment.
• Plan an ideal layout – one that allows for easy movement around the stand, is functional, and creates a suitable showcase for your company.
• You need to think about the overall effect of the colours you use, combined with lighting and layout.