Printdesigns is located here

Tel.: 01785 818111

 

Marketing Week Live: Prepare for the Big Event with Useful Stats from 2012

budget banner stand

Marketing Week Live takes place this week in London, after last year’s event revealed some interesting statistics regarding the implementation of exhibition displays and how effective their marketing techniques were. With this year’s event taking place on 26th – 27th June, those attending can get some last minute advice or weigh up their potential competition with the help of last year’s statistics.

 

One of the most revealing statistics 2012’s Marketing Week Live showed that a huge 68% of those presenting used portable exhibition displays, as opposed to the modular and custom stands, which had 16% apiece. Portable presentation displays have always been a great way to exhibit and hit the road to attend numerous trade fairs and industry events, but the figures from last year demonstrate just how popular this solution really is. Pop-up exhibition stands, roller banner stands which can be stored within a small baton-shaped case, and a number of other portable solutions are sure to be a big hit at the event again this year.

 

A number of stands ran prizes and giveaways to attract visitors to their area. 22% of exhibitors ran a competition, with 46% running a giveaway; this makes a total of 68% of those present giving away free items. Almost half of the giveaways were a free subscription or a service, ensuring that the giveaway was relevant to the company offering it; irrelevant or pointless giveaways and gifts will often be found at the bottom of bins around the exhibition hall as the day goes on and people pick up more exciting and relevant items. The pop-up exhibition stands with the most appealing prizes had the largest queues, so choosing a great giveaway option is a bold way to attract many visitors. Sweets and confectionary were also a popular giveaway, satisfying the sweet tooth of many attendees.

 

Social media and digital technology played a huge part in Marketing Week Live last year, and is sure to be an even bigger feature at the 2013 event.  Just 22% of those exhibiting proactively started conversation with prospective clients or customers, and 10% committed the cardinal marketing sin of speaking on their phone whilst they were present at the stand. This comes across as unprofessional, and those attended this year’s event would be well advised not to be so distracted during the big event. 10% of exhibitors last year integrated some form of social media within their stand, and with social media and internet marketing growing ever more important to many businesses, this figure is expected to rise dramatically.